Wednesday, May 20, 2026
ADVT 
National

A list of the four steps in B.C.'s restart plan

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 25 May, 2021 02:16 PM
  • A list of the four steps in B.C.'s restart plan

The British Columbia government has introduced a four-step restart plan in a gradual return to normality when more people are vaccinated against COVID-19. Here are the steps set out by the province:

Step 1: What's allowed on Tuesday with 60 per cent of the population having received one dose of a vaccine.

— A maximum of five visitors or one household are allowed to gather indoors. Ten people are allowed for outdoor personal gatherings and 50 people for seated outdoor organized gatherings with safety protocols.

— Recreational travel is only permitted within a resident's travel region.

— Indoor and outdoor dining is allowed for up to six people with safety protocols.

— In-person faith-based gatherings can be held in a reduced capacity.

— Outdoor sports games with no spectators and low-intensity fitness with safety protocols can resume.

— Provincewide mask mandate, business safety protocols and physical distancing measures remain in place.

— Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes continue to operate with existing safety protocols.

Step 2: By June 15 at the earliest with 65 per cent of the adult population having one dose of a vaccine.

— A maximum of 50 people would be allowed to hold outdoor social gatherings, with 50 seated indoors at organized gatherings in banquet halls, movie theatres and live theatres as long as safety protocols are being followed.

— No provincial travel restrictions.

— Indoor sports games and high-intensity fitness would be allowed with safety protocols.

— Spectators for outdoor sports would be permitted with a 50-person maximum.

— Provincewide mask mandate, business safety protocols and physical distancing remain in place.

— Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes continue to operate with existing safety protocols.

Step 3: Early July with 70 per cent of the population vaccinated with a single dose.

— Provincial state of emergency and public health emergency lifted.

— A return to usual for indoor and outdoor personal gatherings.

— Sleepovers allowed.

— Nightclubs and casinos reopened with capacity limits and safety plans.

— New public health and workplace guidance around personal protective equipment, physical distancing and business protocols.

Step 4: Early September with more than 70 per cent of the adult population having had their first dose of vaccine.

— A return to normal social contact.

— Capacity would be increased at larger organized gatherings.

— No limits on indoor and outdoor spectators at sports.

— Businesses would operate with new safety plans.

MORE National ARTICLES

Anger greets Liberal House leader's WE testimony

Anger greets Liberal House leader's WE testimony
The House of Commons ethics committee had been expecting to hear from one of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's senior advisers, Rick Theis, after a majority of MPs voted in favour of such a request last week.

Anger greets Liberal House leader's WE testimony

O'Toole speaks to Winnipeg business community

O'Toole speaks to Winnipeg business community
O'Toole says Canada needs to diversity into new markets, like the Indo-Pacific, because it's likely to run into more issues with China in the years ahead.

O'Toole speaks to Winnipeg business community

BC Bus North receives funding for another year

BC Bus North receives funding for another year
The statement says residents across the region depend on the route as other transportation options have been limited due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

BC Bus North receives funding for another year

Mahesh Bisear, 40, arrested by Toronto police in child pornography investigation

Mahesh Bisear, 40, arrested by Toronto police in child pornography investigation
It is further alleged that evidence of the offences was located at the time of the search warrant and a quantity of child sexual abuse material has been located on devices seized from the residence

Mahesh Bisear, 40, arrested by Toronto police in child pornography investigation

29 year old Amanpreet Bal found dead in Kelowna one year ago

29 year old Amanpreet Bal found dead in Kelowna one year ago
Upon arrival, officers located a deceased adult male in the front seat of a vehicle in the 300-block of Trumpeter Court.

29 year old Amanpreet Bal found dead in Kelowna one year ago

Woman in serious condition after shooting inside Guildford residence in Surrey

Woman in serious condition after shooting inside Guildford residence in Surrey
Frontline officers arrived and located a woman suffering from gunshot wounds. She was transported to the hospital in serious condition.

Woman in serious condition after shooting inside Guildford residence in Surrey