Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

A list of the four steps in B.C.'s restart plan

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 25 May, 2021 02:16 PM
  • A list of the four steps in B.C.'s restart plan

The British Columbia government has introduced a four-step restart plan in a gradual return to normality when more people are vaccinated against COVID-19. Here are the steps set out by the province:

Step 1: What's allowed on Tuesday with 60 per cent of the population having received one dose of a vaccine.

— A maximum of five visitors or one household are allowed to gather indoors. Ten people are allowed for outdoor personal gatherings and 50 people for seated outdoor organized gatherings with safety protocols.

— Recreational travel is only permitted within a resident's travel region.

— Indoor and outdoor dining is allowed for up to six people with safety protocols.

— In-person faith-based gatherings can be held in a reduced capacity.

— Outdoor sports games with no spectators and low-intensity fitness with safety protocols can resume.

— Provincewide mask mandate, business safety protocols and physical distancing measures remain in place.

— Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes continue to operate with existing safety protocols.

Step 2: By June 15 at the earliest with 65 per cent of the adult population having one dose of a vaccine.

— A maximum of 50 people would be allowed to hold outdoor social gatherings, with 50 seated indoors at organized gatherings in banquet halls, movie theatres and live theatres as long as safety protocols are being followed.

— No provincial travel restrictions.

— Indoor sports games and high-intensity fitness would be allowed with safety protocols.

— Spectators for outdoor sports would be permitted with a 50-person maximum.

— Provincewide mask mandate, business safety protocols and physical distancing remain in place.

— Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes continue to operate with existing safety protocols.

Step 3: Early July with 70 per cent of the population vaccinated with a single dose.

— Provincial state of emergency and public health emergency lifted.

— A return to usual for indoor and outdoor personal gatherings.

— Sleepovers allowed.

— Nightclubs and casinos reopened with capacity limits and safety plans.

— New public health and workplace guidance around personal protective equipment, physical distancing and business protocols.

Step 4: Early September with more than 70 per cent of the adult population having had their first dose of vaccine.

— A return to normal social contact.

— Capacity would be increased at larger organized gatherings.

— No limits on indoor and outdoor spectators at sports.

— Businesses would operate with new safety plans.

MORE National ARTICLES

B.C. has 908 new COVID-19 cases

B.C. has 908 new COVID-19 cases
Some 140 of the new cases are variants of concern, for a total of 1,912, which are primarily the more transmissible strain first identified in the United Kingdom.    

B.C. has 908 new COVID-19 cases

PHAC still mum about firing of two scientists

PHAC still mum about firing of two scientists
Iain Stewart had been given a deadline of today to provide an explanation to members of a House of Commons committee for why PHAC terminated the employment of Xiangguo Qiu and her husband, Keding Cheng, in January.

PHAC still mum about firing of two scientists

B.C. sets emissions targets for industries, towns

B.C. sets emissions targets for industries, towns
The Ministry of Environment and Climate Change says in a news release B.C. is the first province in Canada to set such reduction targets for emissions in four sectors: transportation, industry, oil and gas, and buildings and communities.

B.C. sets emissions targets for industries, towns

Modelling shows COVID back on the rise

Modelling shows COVID back on the rise
Dr. Theresa Tam says daily cases have increased more than 30 per cent over the past two weeks, with an average of 29 deaths reported daily.

Modelling shows COVID back on the rise

Meng's device info collection 'necessary': Crown

Meng's device info collection 'necessary': Crown
John Gibb-Carsley told the B.C. Supreme Court Meng's charter rights weren't violated because her devices were seized as part of her arrest and the recording of the serial numbers days later was an extension of that.

Meng's device info collection 'necessary': Crown

Senior official explains handling of Vance affair

Senior official explains handling of Vance affair
In a parliamentary committee hearing today, Sherman says she exchanged emails with "people in the Prime Minister's Office" about an allegation against Vance, though she declined to name them, citing non-disclosure rules around staff who are not public servants.

Senior official explains handling of Vance affair