Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

A list of the four steps in B.C.'s restart plan

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 25 May, 2021 02:16 PM
  • A list of the four steps in B.C.'s restart plan

The British Columbia government has introduced a four-step restart plan in a gradual return to normality when more people are vaccinated against COVID-19. Here are the steps set out by the province:

Step 1: What's allowed on Tuesday with 60 per cent of the population having received one dose of a vaccine.

— A maximum of five visitors or one household are allowed to gather indoors. Ten people are allowed for outdoor personal gatherings and 50 people for seated outdoor organized gatherings with safety protocols.

— Recreational travel is only permitted within a resident's travel region.

— Indoor and outdoor dining is allowed for up to six people with safety protocols.

— In-person faith-based gatherings can be held in a reduced capacity.

— Outdoor sports games with no spectators and low-intensity fitness with safety protocols can resume.

— Provincewide mask mandate, business safety protocols and physical distancing measures remain in place.

— Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes continue to operate with existing safety protocols.

Step 2: By June 15 at the earliest with 65 per cent of the adult population having one dose of a vaccine.

— A maximum of 50 people would be allowed to hold outdoor social gatherings, with 50 seated indoors at organized gatherings in banquet halls, movie theatres and live theatres as long as safety protocols are being followed.

— No provincial travel restrictions.

— Indoor sports games and high-intensity fitness would be allowed with safety protocols.

— Spectators for outdoor sports would be permitted with a 50-person maximum.

— Provincewide mask mandate, business safety protocols and physical distancing remain in place.

— Kindergarten to Grade 12 classes continue to operate with existing safety protocols.

Step 3: Early July with 70 per cent of the population vaccinated with a single dose.

— Provincial state of emergency and public health emergency lifted.

— A return to usual for indoor and outdoor personal gatherings.

— Sleepovers allowed.

— Nightclubs and casinos reopened with capacity limits and safety plans.

— New public health and workplace guidance around personal protective equipment, physical distancing and business protocols.

Step 4: Early September with more than 70 per cent of the adult population having had their first dose of vaccine.

— A return to normal social contact.

— Capacity would be increased at larger organized gatherings.

— No limits on indoor and outdoor spectators at sports.

— Businesses would operate with new safety plans.

MORE National ARTICLES

Fines coming for cross-border cannabis violations

Fines coming for cross-border cannabis violations
The Canada Border Services Agency plans to issue penalties of between $200 and $2,000 to travellers who fail to properly declare cannabis imports, which will be seized.

Fines coming for cross-border cannabis violations

Gun-control group to MPs: Vote against new bill

Gun-control group to MPs: Vote against new bill
In a letter sent out this week, PolySeSouvient says the recently tabled legislation is a Liberal capitulation to the firearms lobby and amounts to throwing in the towel on gun control.

Gun-control group to MPs: Vote against new bill

Opposition urged to speed up election

Opposition urged to speed up election
During debate on the legislation, multiple opposition MPs said there was no need to end debate quickly because there is no imminent need for an election — unless the Liberals are planning on calling one.

Opposition urged to speed up election

Sentencing arguments in triple-murder case

Sentencing arguments in triple-murder case
Dustin Duthie, 27, had earlier pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the 2018 deaths of Taylor Toller and Shawn Boshuk and first-degree murder in the death of Alan Pennylegion.

Sentencing arguments in triple-murder case

B.C. labour minister concerned over job deaths

B.C. labour minister concerned over job deaths
Harry Bains says he's reached out to the chair of WorkSafeBC to make sure appropriate prevention and enforcement of health and safety rules are taking place.

B.C. labour minister concerned over job deaths

Federal deficit hit $268B in January

Federal deficit hit $268B in January
The government says in its monthly fiscal monitor that the deep slide in the deficit reflects the unprecedented deterioration in the economy and the government's spending response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Federal deficit hit $268B in January