Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
National

B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 11 Feb, 2025 04:26 PM
  • B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says a man has been found guilty of a double murder and an attempted murder that happened in Surrey, B.C., more than two years ago.

It says that, on July 30, 2022, police responded to reports of a shooting at the South Surrey Athletic Park and found three people suffering from gunshot wounds.

The homicide team says Jordan Krishna and Robeen Soreni died of their injuries, while a third person was treated for life-threatening wounds.

The team took over the investigation and shortly after the deaths, 25-year-old Bryce Campbell was arrested and charged with two counts of second-degree murder and one count of attempted murder.

It says that on Monday a B.C. Supreme Court jury in New Westminster found Campbell guilty on all three charges. 

The homicide team says a sentencing hearing will be scheduled in the coming weeks, although a murder conviction carries an automatic life sentence, but a judge must still determine how long Campbell will have to wait until he's eligible for parole. 

MORE National ARTICLES

Avian flu at 2 farms in Abbotsford

Avian flu at 2 farms in Abbotsford
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency says it has detected the presence of highly pathogenic avian influenza at two more commercial poultry farms in Abbotsford.  The agency currently lists 43 premises in B-C where the flu has been detected in bird flocks.

Avian flu at 2 farms in Abbotsford

Emergency alert test coming as B.C. mops up from 'bomb cyclone' with high winds

Emergency alert test coming as B.C. mops up from 'bomb cyclone' with high winds
A test for Canada's emergency alert system is set to take place just as British Columbia cleans up from a so-called "bomb cyclone" weather system that cut power and battered parts of the coast with hurricane-force winds. The national alert system is typically tested twice a year, with the next test set to take place today at 1:55 p.m. Pacific time.

Emergency alert test coming as B.C. mops up from 'bomb cyclone' with high winds

B.C. port union challenges constitutionality of labour minister's back-to-work order

B.C. port union challenges constitutionality of labour minister's back-to-work order
The union representing port supervisors in British Columbia is formally challenging the legal and constitutional authority of the federal labour minister to order them back to work. In a legal document dated Tuesday, International Longshore and Warehouse Union Local 514 says it's questioning whether the order issued by Labour Minister Steven MacKinnon last week violates the right to collective bargaining and the right to strike.

B.C. port union challenges constitutionality of labour minister's back-to-work order

Some Canadian cities building temporary housing facilities to accommodate refugees

Some Canadian cities building temporary housing facilities to accommodate refugees
A significant increase in the number of refugees and asylum seekers in Canada has prompted some cities to start building temporary housing for new arrivals. The city of Ottawa is working to establish what's known as a sprung structure that serves as both a temporary shelter and a centre to provide settlement services such as language training and employment assistance. 

Some Canadian cities building temporary housing facilities to accommodate refugees

Trial sees texts between men accused in migrants' deaths by Manitoba-Minnesota border

Trial sees texts between men accused in migrants' deaths by Manitoba-Minnesota border
The trial of two men accused of human smuggling is getting a look at messages the prosecution says prove the pair conspired to sneak people across the Canada-United States border. Steve Shand and Harshkumar Patel have pleaded not guilty to charges of organizing several illegal crossings of Indian nationals from Manitoba to Minnesota in late 2021 and early 2022.

Trial sees texts between men accused in migrants' deaths by Manitoba-Minnesota border

Canadians favour government intervention in Canada Post, port labour disputes: poll

Canadians favour government intervention in Canada Post, port labour disputes: poll
Polling firm Leger found 63 per cent of respondents to a new survey were in favour of the Liberal government's move to step in and ask the Canada Industrial Relations Board to order a resumption of port operations and move negotiations into binding arbitration. Nineteen per cent were opposed, and another 19 per cent said they didn't know.

Canadians favour government intervention in Canada Post, port labour disputes: poll