Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
National

B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 11 Feb, 2025 04:26 PM
  • B.C. man found guilty in 2022 double homicide, attempted murder

The Integrated Homicide Investigation Team says a man has been found guilty of a double murder and an attempted murder that happened in Surrey, B.C., more than two years ago.

It says that, on July 30, 2022, police responded to reports of a shooting at the South Surrey Athletic Park and found three people suffering from gunshot wounds.

The homicide team says Jordan Krishna and Robeen Soreni died of their injuries, while a third person was treated for life-threatening wounds.

The team took over the investigation and shortly after the deaths, 25-year-old Bryce Campbell was arrested and charged with two counts of second-degree murder and one count of attempted murder.

It says that on Monday a B.C. Supreme Court jury in New Westminster found Campbell guilty on all three charges. 

The homicide team says a sentencing hearing will be scheduled in the coming weeks, although a murder conviction carries an automatic life sentence, but a judge must still determine how long Campbell will have to wait until he's eligible for parole. 

MORE National ARTICLES

Bomb cyclone batters B.C. with hurricane-force winds, cutting roads and power

Bomb cyclone batters B.C. with hurricane-force winds, cutting roads and power
Hurricane-force winds of up to 170 km/h have slammed into parts of the British Columbia coast as a massive storm swirling off Vancouver Island severed highways and cut power to more than 200,000 people overnight. Winds from the bomb cyclone weather system exceeded 100 km/h in multiple areas late Tuesday, with gusts approaching 80 km/h at Vancouver's airport.

Bomb cyclone batters B.C. with hurricane-force winds, cutting roads and power

Canada, U.S. close embassies to public in Ukraine due to threat of Russian strikes

Canada, U.S. close embassies to public in Ukraine due to threat of Russian strikes
The Canadian and American embassies in Ukraine are closed to the public today after the U.S. warned of a "potential significant air attack" by Russia in Kyiv.  Ukraine's intelligence agency posted a statement today accusing Russia of spreading fake messages about the threat of an "extremely massive" attack on Ukrainian cities and urging people not to panic. 

Canada, U.S. close embassies to public in Ukraine due to threat of Russian strikes

'My heart sank': Trial hears diapers, mittens set off search for family found frozen

'My heart sank': Trial hears diapers, mittens set off search for family found frozen
Diapers, baby wipes, little mittens and two toy cars — one red and one white — were shown in photos at the trial. A few hours later, metres from the border on the Canadian side, RCMP found the frozen bodies of a family — Jagdish Patel, 39; his wife, Vaishaliben Patel, 37; their 11-year-old daughter, Vihangi; and their three-year-old son, Dharmik.

'My heart sank': Trial hears diapers, mittens set off search for family found frozen

Doctor sexually assaults 4 patients

Doctor sexually assaults 4 patients
Police in Calgary have charged a family doctor with sexually assaulting four patients.  They say four complainants came forward independently last year alleging they were sexually assaulted at a clinic in the city's northwest. 

Doctor sexually assaults 4 patients

Suspect at large after report of man with knife at University of Manitoba

Suspect at large after report of man with knife at University of Manitoba
Police in Winnipeg said Tuesday a suspect was at large following a report of a man armed with a large knife at the University of Manitoba. Const. Claude Chancy said officers were called about 6:30 a.m. to the university's Fort Garry campus for a report of a man dressed in black carrying a large knife into the Allen Building.

Suspect at large after report of man with knife at University of Manitoba

Traffic delays for Cambie Bridge

Traffic delays for Cambie Bridge
The City of Vancouver is warning the public about anticipated traffic delays — as well as walking and cycling detours — around Cambie Street Bridge starting this week. It says in a news release that the disruptions will continue until the spring when rehabilitation work on the bridge deck is expected to be completed.

Traffic delays for Cambie Bridge