Wednesday, May 20, 2026
ADVT 
National

Close Call: Saskatoon Man Hit In Face By Axe Flying Through Windshield

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 30 May, 2018 11:44 AM
    SASKATOON — A Saskatoon man says he was cut on the forehead and suffered a concussion after an axe came flying through his truck's windshield.
     
     
    Mackenzie Peddle says he doesn't remember getting hit in the face while he was driving home to Saskatoon from Yorkton, Sask., earlier this month.
     
     
    He says when he came to, the truck's windshield was shattered, there was an axe lying near him and blood was spattered over his face and seats.
     
     
    Peddle says he must have passed out after somehow managing to pull over to the side of Highway 16 near the community of Plunkett.
     
     
    The electrician says his foot was on the brake and the truck was still in gear when a passerby approached.
     
     
    RCMP say they are investigating but have no leads as to where the axe came from.
     
     
    "A lady pulled over and woke me up on the side of the road. I didn't really know what happened or how long I'd been out," Peddle told CKOM Radio. 
     
     
    He credits the sunglasses he was wearing for saving his eye from the axe blade.
     
     
    Peddle said he managed to phone RCMP and take some photos of the damage to his face and truck.
     
     
    An officer arrived and took his own photos, then drove up and down the highway to see if any other debris had fallen off a vehicle.
     
     
    "He went around to the farms and farmhouses, but no one had seen anything," Peddle said.
     
     
    Humboldt RCMP said Tuesday they were looking for the public's help in the investigation.
     
     
    Peddle said it's not the first time something has flown through his windshield while he was driving on the highway.
     
     
    He said about a decade ago, he was driving his car when a long piece of rebar fell off a truck, bounced off the pavement and pierced the windshield on the driver's side — missing him by inches.

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Devon Paul Charged In Last July’s Incident Of Forcible Confinement In Surrey

    Devon Paul Charged In Last July’s Incident Of Forcible Confinement In Surrey
    One man has now been charged after a July 2017 incident where he allegedly held a woman against her will and threatened her with a weapon in Newton.

    Devon Paul Charged In Last July’s Incident Of Forcible Confinement In Surrey

    Langley Woman Wakes To Find Man In Her Walnut Grove Home

    Langley Woman Wakes To Find Man In Her Walnut Grove Home
    Police responded to a break-in to a residence in the Walnut Grove area in the early morning hours of February 1st.

    Langley Woman Wakes To Find Man In Her Walnut Grove Home

    4 In 10 Young Canadians Have Sent A Sext, 6 In 10 Have Received One

    4 In 10 Young Canadians Have Sent A Sext, 6 In 10 Have Received One
    About four in 10 young Canadians have sent a sext and more than six in 10 have received one, suggests a new report, which also puts a spotlight on the unauthorized sharing of sexual photographs among teens.

    4 In 10 Young Canadians Have Sent A Sext, 6 In 10 Have Received One

    Nude Photos Of Ex-NHL Player Mike Zigomanis Not 'Shocking,' Appeal Court Rules

    Nude Photos Of Ex-NHL Player Mike Zigomanis Not 'Shocking,' Appeal Court Rules
    former Toronto Maple Leafs hockey player who lost a promotional gig after nude pictures of himself surfaced on the internet had his breach-of-contract award upheld on Tuesday.

    Nude Photos Of Ex-NHL Player Mike Zigomanis Not 'Shocking,' Appeal Court Rules

    'Sound of Music' Not So Sweet: Man Charged After Concert-Goer Punched After Show

    'Sound of Music' Not So Sweet: Man Charged After Concert-Goer Punched After Show
    Police say a 63-year-old man was being picked up after the show at the Centennial Concert Hall on Jan. 6 and was trying to get into the back of an SUV.

    'Sound of Music' Not So Sweet: Man Charged After Concert-Goer Punched After Show

    B.C. Government To Cap ICBC Minor Injury Claims At $5,500

    B.C. Government To Cap ICBC Minor Injury Claims At $5,500
    The British Columbia government is directing changes for the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) to bring about an end to its financial crisis, while keeping rates affordable for B.C. drivers, Attorney General David Eby announced.

    B.C. Government To Cap ICBC Minor Injury Claims At $5,500