Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Surrey lifeguard charged with sexual interference

Darpan News Desk, 30 Nov, 2023 03:28 PM
  • Surrey lifeguard charged with sexual interference

Mounties in Surrey are advising the public after an investigation led to sex offence charges against a 24-year-old man. 

Police say the man was a lifeguard at the City of Surrey Recreation Centre and has been charged with sexual interference, invitation to sexual touching and luring a child. 

RCMP say they received a complaint in April and their special victims unit took over the case and arrested the man.

The man has been released from police custody under several conditions, including reporting to a bail supervisor, being banned from contacting the victim, and staying away from the alleged victim’s home and from the recreation centre. 

The accused is also banned from going any place where children under the age of 16 may be unless permission is granted by his bail supervisor. 

Police are asking anyone who has information regarding this incident to contact them. 

 

MORE National ARTICLES

Edmonton man appears in U.K. court after terrorism investigation

Edmonton man appears in U.K. court after terrorism investigation
Khaled Hussein, who is 28, was charged under the Terrorism Act for allegedly being a member of a proscribed organization in the U.K. He was arrested at London's Heathrow Airport last week.

Edmonton man appears in U.K. court after terrorism investigation

Edmonton mayor announces funding to plant 1.5 million trees, expand urban canopy

Edmonton mayor announces funding to plant 1.5 million trees, expand urban canopy
Amarjeet Sohi says $47.8 million is coming from the federal 2 Billion Trees program and the amount is being matched by the city. Sohi says the money will allow Edmonton to expand its tree-planting efforts and bring it closer to its goal of being a "healthy and climate-resilient city."

Edmonton mayor announces funding to plant 1.5 million trees, expand urban canopy

Mental health minister puts $156M toward launch of 988 crisis hotline in November

Mental health minister puts $156M toward launch of 988 crisis hotline in November
The government is putting $156 million over three years toward a new three-digit suicide-prevention hotline, Mental Health Minister Carolyn Bennett announced Monday. Starting on Nov. 30, people in crisis will be able to dial 988 anywhere in Canada to be connected with trained responders 24 hours a day by phone or text message.

Mental health minister puts $156M toward launch of 988 crisis hotline in November

B.C. government announces new programs, police standards for sexual assault

B.C. government announces new programs, police standards for sexual assault
Public Safety Minister Mike Farnworth says survivors deserve to be treated fairly after going through trauma and shielded from further harm, and the new standards and programs will "empower" those people.  The province says the funding for the new programs kicks in this month, while new policing standards coupling investigators with victims services workers will begin next year, applying to all B.C. police officers. 

B.C. government announces new programs, police standards for sexual assault

RCMP say body found of one of four people missing in Nova Scotia floods

RCMP say body found of one of four people missing in Nova Scotia floods
RCMP in Nova Scotia say they have found the body of one of the people who went missing over the weekend during massive flooding across the province. Police say they recovered the body of a 52-year-old man.

RCMP say body found of one of four people missing in Nova Scotia floods

Canada hailed for focusing foreign aid on women's rights amid global backslide

Canada hailed for focusing foreign aid on women's rights amid global backslide
Ottawa announced projects to support people working in the caring economy at a major foreign-aid conference focused on women's advancement. International Development Minister Harjit Sajjan also offered details at the Women Deliver conference in Rwanda about how $200 million in previously announced funding would be allocated.

Canada hailed for focusing foreign aid on women's rights amid global backslide