Wednesday, May 20, 2026
ADVT 
National

Suspected impaired driver crashes into roadblock on Highway 99

Darpan News Desk Surrey RCMP, 16 Mar, 2021 07:28 PM
  • Suspected impaired driver crashes into roadblock on Highway 99

The collision occurred at approximately 10:18 p.m. on March 15, 2021, on Highway 99, west of the Highway 91 interchange, in the eastbound lanes. An eastbound civilian vehicle struck a stationary police car that was part of a road closure related to another police incident, which occurred earlier on Highway 99.

The officer and the driver of the civilian vehicle received non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the civilian vehicle was arrested for impaired operation of a motor vehicle.

Police believe the incident involves parties known to each other.

The driver was released from custody; this investigation is ongoing.

MORE National ARTICLES

Everyone deserves a safe work environment: Trudeau

Everyone deserves a safe work environment: Trudeau
Vance has not responded to previous requests for comment by The Canadian Press and the allegations against him could not be independently verified.

Everyone deserves a safe work environment: Trudeau

Economy lost 213,000 jobs in January, StatCan says

Economy lost 213,000 jobs in January, StatCan says
The unemployment rate rose 0.6 percentage points to 9.4 per cent, the highest rate since August.

Economy lost 213,000 jobs in January, StatCan says

Manitoba man pleads guilty in Rideau Hall incident

Manitoba man pleads guilty in Rideau Hall incident
Corey Hurren, a Manitoba military reservist and sausage-maker, faced 21 weapons charges and one of threatening the prime minister.

Manitoba man pleads guilty in Rideau Hall incident

AstraZeneca doses expected by end of June: Trudeau

AstraZeneca doses expected by end of June: Trudeau
Canada had previously said three million people could be vaccinated by the end of March and another 10 million by the end of June.

AstraZeneca doses expected by end of June: Trudeau

Aid groups blast Canada for taking COVAX vaccines

Aid groups blast Canada for taking COVAX vaccines
Oxfam Canada and the ONE Campaign say it is wrong for the federal government to agree to accept almost 1.9 million doses of vaccine from the COVAX Facility by the end of June.

Aid groups blast Canada for taking COVAX vaccines

B.C. top doctor has hinted restrictions won't lift

B.C. top doctor has hinted restrictions won't lift
Henry said they have concerns about the new and faster-spreading variants of COVID-19 in other jurisdictions and they don't want them to spread in B.C.

B.C. top doctor has hinted restrictions won't lift