Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Two males shot at Newton residence

Darpan News Desk Surrey RCMP, 23 Sep, 2021 11:08 AM
  • Two males shot at Newton residence

Surrey RCMP is investigating a targeted shooting that occurred early this morning in Newton.

On September 23, 2021, at approximately 5:00 am, Surrey RCMP responded to the report of two males shot at a residence in the 8800 block of 140B Street.  A 23-year-old man and a 47-year-old man were transported to hospital with what are believed to be non-life threatening injuries.

The Surrey RCMP Serious Crime Unit have assumed conduct of the investigation and officers will be in the area looking for further evidence today.

Initial indications are that this was a targeted incident. One of the victims is known to police and was previously shot in July 2021, in the driveway of the same residence.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502, or Crime Stoppers, if they wish to remain anonymous, at 1-800-222-8477 or www.solvecrime.ca .

 

MORE National ARTICLES

Horgan says province ready for border reopening

Horgan says province ready for border reopening
John Horgan told a news conference today that he is confident British Columbians will remain safe if the border reopens because of the levels of vaccination in the province.

Horgan says province ready for border reopening

Congressman cheers news on Canada-U.S. border

Congressman cheers news on Canada-U.S. border
New York's Rep. Brian Higgins says it's a relief to see Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is aiming to let U.S. citizens who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 back into Canada by mid-August.

Congressman cheers news on Canada-U.S. border

54 COVID19 cases for Thursday

54 COVID19 cases for Thursday
80.5% (3,481,176) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 51.9% (2,246,289) received their second dose.  

54 COVID19 cases for Thursday

Canada's vaccine supply close to exceeding demand

Canada's vaccine supply close to exceeding demand
Brig.-Gen. Krista Brodie says more than two million doses of vaccine are already being held back because provinces have said they can't use them — a big change from when all newly arrived doses were shipped around the country as quickly as possible.    

Canada's vaccine supply close to exceeding demand

B.C. expands safer alternatives to toxic drugs

B.C. expands safer alternatives to toxic drugs
The Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions says people who have been clinically assessed will get alternatives including oral opioids to replace drugs that could be laced with potentially deadly fentanyl.

B.C. expands safer alternatives to toxic drugs

Cruise ships back in Canadian waters on Nov. 1

Cruise ships back in Canadian waters on Nov. 1
The federal government says cruise ships will be allowed back in Canadian waters in November, but they must follow public health requirements. Transport Minister Omar Alghabra says the prohibition on cruise ships because of COVID-19 will be lifted Nov. 1.

Cruise ships back in Canadian waters on Nov. 1