Saturday, May 23, 2026
ADVT 
National

Two males shot at Newton residence

Darpan News Desk Surrey RCMP, 23 Sep, 2021 11:08 AM
  • Two males shot at Newton residence

Surrey RCMP is investigating a targeted shooting that occurred early this morning in Newton.

On September 23, 2021, at approximately 5:00 am, Surrey RCMP responded to the report of two males shot at a residence in the 8800 block of 140B Street.  A 23-year-old man and a 47-year-old man were transported to hospital with what are believed to be non-life threatening injuries.

The Surrey RCMP Serious Crime Unit have assumed conduct of the investigation and officers will be in the area looking for further evidence today.

Initial indications are that this was a targeted incident. One of the victims is known to police and was previously shot in July 2021, in the driveway of the same residence.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact the Surrey RCMP at 604-599-0502, or Crime Stoppers, if they wish to remain anonymous, at 1-800-222-8477 or www.solvecrime.ca .

 

MORE National ARTICLES

Investigation into alleged racist comments hurled at a Sikh security guard in Kelowna taking place

Investigation into alleged racist comments hurled at a Sikh security guard in Kelowna taking place
Since then, a video has emerged of a protestor yelling what appear to be racially motivated comments and accusations at a staff member who asked him to leave the property.

Investigation into alleged racist comments hurled at a Sikh security guard in Kelowna taking place

Former defence chief Jonathan Vance charged

Former defence chief Jonathan Vance charged
Retired general Jonathan Vance, former chief of the defence staff, has been charged with obstruction of justice related to an investigation into allegations of sexual misconduct.

Former defence chief Jonathan Vance charged

Coyotes euthanized after Stanley Park attack

Coyotes euthanized after Stanley Park attack
The statement says one of the animals was found close to the site where the child was bitten on the head and neck at around dusk on Monday.

Coyotes euthanized after Stanley Park attack

More ground to search in Kamloops, expert says

More ground to search in Kamloops, expert says
Prof. Sarah Beaulieu of the University of the Fraser Valley says the search has covered less than a hectare and there is another 65 hectares to search. Beaulieu says the investigation also has evidence from those who were as young as six at the time being woken in the night to dig graves.

More ground to search in Kamloops, expert says

WHO chief says it was 'premature' to rule out COVID lab leak

WHO chief says it was 'premature' to rule out COVID lab leak
In a rare departure from his usual deference to powerful member countries, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said getting access to raw data had been a challenge for the international team that traveled to China earlier this year to investigate the source of COVID-19. The first human cases were identified in the Chinese city of Wuhan.

WHO chief says it was 'premature' to rule out COVID lab leak

B.C. fire 'wake-up call' to take precautions: TSB

B.C. fire 'wake-up call' to take precautions: TSB
A wildfire in Lytton, B.C., during historically high temperatures points to a serious need to prevent similar occurrences, says the chairwoman of the Transportation Safety Board, which is investigating the possibility that a freight train could have been linked to the disaster.

B.C. fire 'wake-up call' to take precautions: TSB