Wednesday, February 18, 2026
ADVT 
National

Vancouver Bright Nights extended til Jan

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 29 Nov, 2023 02:26 PM
  • Vancouver Bright Nights extended til Jan

The Vancouver Park Board has two Christmas surprises for everyone who missed out on snagging the tickets for the Stanley Park Christmas Train.

The Park Board says it’s releasing another 17-thousand tickets for the Bright Nights event and it’s also extending the run until January 6th due to high demand.

The board says ticket sales will be begin tomorrow at 9 a.m. -- and a virtual waiting room will open half an hour earlier, with people in the room randomly assigned a place in the purchasing queue and anyone signing in after 9 a.m. served once the queue has cleared.

More than 23-thousand tickets for the popular ride and fundraiser for the B-C Professional Fire Fighter's Burn Fund sold out in less than 90 minutes earlier this month.

MORE National ARTICLES

Man charged in Maple Ridge homicide

Man charged in Maple Ridge homicide
A 31-year-old man has been charged with second degree murder in the 2022 death of Arthur Comeau of Maple Ridge. R-C-M-P say the 41-year-old was shot to death on April 28th of last year.

Man charged in Maple Ridge homicide

2 people found dead in Kelowna home

2 people found dead in Kelowna home
They say officers responded to a 9-1-1 call last night from a home on Swan Drive. The bodies of two people were found inside the home. Police say they believe the incident was isolated and that there is no threat to public safety.  

2 people found dead in Kelowna home

David Johnston quits as special rapporteur on foreign interference

David Johnston quits as special rapporteur on foreign interference
Johnston's appointment has been contentious, with Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre repeatedly accusing him of being too close to Trudeau's family to provide an unbiased review of government actions.

David Johnston quits as special rapporteur on foreign interference

B.C. to require licence for asbestos abatement contractors by 2024

B.C. to require licence for asbestos abatement contractors by 2024
The Labour Ministry says workers must be licensed by Jan. 1. This comes following changes to the Workers Compensation Act last year, requiring that contractors who remove the cancer-causing material use only trained and certified workers.   

B.C. to require licence for asbestos abatement contractors by 2024

Shots fired in Port Coquitlam

Shots fired in Port Coquitlam
On Tuesday, at 1:44 am, Coquitlam RCMP received multiple reports of shots being fired in the 2000-block of Shaughnessy Place, Port Coquitlam. Officers immediately responded and located the victim residence. No one was physically injured during the incident. 

Shots fired in Port Coquitlam

BC port strike vote

BC port strike vote
Both the union and the Maritime Employers Association -- which represents 49 private-sector employers at more than 30 B-C ports -- have agreed that June 24th is the earliest any job action could occur.

BC port strike vote