Saturday, February 21, 2026
ADVT 
Bollywood

What About Their Families: Ajay Devgn Thinks We Shouldn't Be Unfair To Those Accused Of Harassment

Darpan News Desk IANS, 17 Jul, 2019 09:36 PM

    Ajay Devgn had been vocal about lending his support to women who face harassment in the industry. But his recent statement has us confused.


    In a recent interview with Filmfare, the Golmaal actor shed some light on what he thinks of the #MeToo movement and working with an accused harasser.


    He stated, “There’s a difference between ‘accused’ and ‘proven guilty'. One must definitely not work with those proven guilty. But those who haven’t been, we can’t be unfair to them. What about their families? I know an ‘accused’ whose daughter was so traumatised, she stopped eating and going to school.”


    Devgn fails to keep in mind how a woman is bashed for coming out with her story of assault and that many accused harassers get away with their heinous acts because they know they can get away with it. Every woman who has come forward with an allegation has been subjected to cyberbullying for their move.


    After Alok Nath was accused of rape and sexual harassment by multiple women, Ajay Devgn found himself in the middle of the controversy for choosing to work with him in De De Pyaar De.


    According to the 50-year-old actor, “When the entire #MeToo Movement happened, I, along with many of my film industry colleagues categorically expressed that I respect every single woman at the workplace and I would not stand for any unfairness or atrocity against them. Nothing about my stand has changed."


    He further stated, “The decision to replace Mr Alok Nath could never have been mine alone. In this case, I would have to go with the joint-decision of the entire unit. Not to forget, I could not have brought the entire combination of actors back or put upsets again for a 40-day re-shoot because this would mean doubling the budget, which again wasn’t my call to make. It would have to be the call of the makers.”

    MORE Bollywood ARTICLES

    Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Indulge In Instagram PDA After She Recreates Simmba Dialogue

    Dressed in a classic crisp white shirt and with her tied in a bun, Deepika looks stunning as she tried to do an impression of Sangram Bhalerao aka Simmba.

    Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Indulge In Instagram PDA After She Recreates Simmba Dialogue

    Nafisa Ali's Cancer Journey On Instagram Will Touch Your Heart

    Nafisa Ali, who had revealed she was diagnosed with cancer in November last year, shared a note on her Instagram after undergoing the third chemotherapy session.

    Nafisa Ali's Cancer Journey On Instagram Will Touch Your Heart

    Being The Best Entertainer Is My Single Point Agenda: Ranveer Singh

    Being The Best Entertainer Is My Single Point Agenda: Ranveer Singh
    Ranveer Singh has delivered Rs 500 crore nett box office in India within a single year. 

    Being The Best Entertainer Is My Single Point Agenda: Ranveer Singh

    'Can’t Stop. Won’t Stop': After Surgery, A Smiling Rakesh Roshan Heads Home With Family

    Filmmaker Rakesh Roshan is up and about after undergoing surgery for an early stage of throat cancer, his actor son Hrithik Roshan has said.

    'Can’t Stop. Won’t Stop': After Surgery, A Smiling Rakesh Roshan Heads Home With Family

    Hardik, Rahul Suspended Pending Probe, To Be Sent Home

    CoA Chairman Vinod Rai had earlier recommended a two-ODI ban for them but Diana decided to seek legal opinion before taking any action.

    Hardik, Rahul Suspended Pending Probe, To Be Sent Home

    Vikrant Massey Loves Working With Female Directors

    Actor Vikrant Massey's last few projects have been with women directions, and one of the biggest movie he has signed is with Meghna Gulzar. He says he loves working under female directors.

    Vikrant Massey Loves Working With Female Directors