Fig And Walnut Halwa
- 1000 gms crushed walnuts
- 300 gms cashew powder
- 300 gms anjeer (figs), chopped
- 400 gms white mawa
- 1000 gms ghee
- 25 gmselachi powder
- 400 gms sugar
- Pista slivers for garnish
- Almond slivers for garnish
- Heat ghee, add cashewnut powder and crushed walnut and cook until light brown. Then add chopped anjeer. Once all three nuts are incorporated, add the grated mawa and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar syrup gradually to the nuts mixture. Finish with cardamom powder. Garnish with pista and almond slivers.
MORE Desserts ARTICLES
Chef Brar has also represented India at the World Pastry Forum (WPF).
A passionate foodie since his early days, chef Ranveer Brar believes God lives in food!
When I was younger my grandma would bring me a Fudgsicle when she would pick me up from school during the summer.
In the galette version, the pie crust is filled with a frangipane-like filling using the ingredients typically found in ghughra.
My mom believed turmeric could cure just about every ailment there was. Sprained knee? Turmeric. Pimple? Turmeric. Sore throat? You guessed it . . . turmeric.
Most of the sweetness comes from the berries, so feel free to play with the amount of sweetened condensed milk so that the sweetness level is to your liking.