- 2 litres of full fat milk
- 10-15 strands of saffron
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp rose water
- Slivers of almond or pistachio
- Dried rose petals
- Take a heavy bottom pan, and add milk to it. Bring the milk to a boil and then add saffron. Lower the heat to medium and let a layer of malai form on top.
- Using a skewer, push the layer of malai on the side of the pan. Keep repeating the process and keep pushing the malai on the sides.
- Cook the milk for one to one and half hours till you are left with half a litre of milk. Then add sugar to this milk and mix well.
- Add the laccha collected on the sides back to the rabri, add rose water and cook for another minute.
- Pour the rabri in earthen pots for more flavor or just transfer it in a serving bowl. Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers. Serve.