Imli ki Kulfi
- 1/4 cup tamarind
- 1 cup dates, de-seeded
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- Pinch of asafetida
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak tamarind in lukewarm water. Wash the dates, pressure cook them for two to three whistles, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pulp of the tamarind, sieve and remove all extras. Add to the dates. Add jaggery and cook until the jaggery melts and the chutney is thick.
- Add all the spices and cook for five to seven minutes. This is the concentrate for the kulfi.
- To make the imli kulfi, dilute the chutney with water. Check the spices and the flavors, they should blend well. Pour into kulfi molds and freeze.
- Serve with a sprig of mint. You could also serve this with some chaat masala.