Transitioning into a new year, many homeowners will be aiming to update the look and feel of communal living spaces in the home with inspiration from industry trends.
For those choosing the bathroom for their remodel project, upcoming trends forecast warmer colour palettes and industrial hardware will play a huge role this year. While polished chrome finishes and modern minimalist aesthetics inspired bathroom design throughout 2018, the new year will celebrate classic brass finishes, vintage fixtures and natural elements.
"Brushed gold finishes and vintage fixtures that introduce dimension to the bathroom will have huge impact this year,” says Kenana Al Yakobi, Pfister Canada Channel Manager for Spectrum Brands Inc. “With living spaces becoming smaller, people want to maximize bathroom space yet still achieve a luxurious feel. Functional fixtures combined in classic hardware finishes can help to provide this sense of luxury."
Planning to revitalize your bathroom for 2019? The team at Pfister Faucets has put together a list of notable industry trends which will to inspire upcoming bathroom design:
• Brass and Brushed Gold Finishes — One of the biggest comebacks to look for in bathroom design in the re-emergence of brass. Reflected in the jewelry industry, there has been a slow transition from silver and nickel, to gold-toned finishes. Use subtle brushed gold touches in cabinet hardware or faucet features to bring depth and classic luxury into any space.
• Matte Black — The use of darker hues in bathroom design started becoming popular in early 2018, and will continue to impact trends for the year ahead. Specifically, matte black light fixtures, tiles, vanities and mirrors will bring a polished pop of contrast to modern room designs. Swap traditional showerheads with matte black fixtures to create dimension.
• Industrial Elegance — Combining industrial sinks and vanities and with classic colour palettes and organic materials is an urban trend expected for 2019. The sleek and modern edge of industrial fixtures complements a variety of traditional finishes and wood grains, and works well within smaller apartment spaces. Expect to see exposed pipes and other metallic touches as focal points in the modern bathroom.
• Greenery and Wood Grain — A home decor trend that is sure to impact bathroom design is the tendency to bring natural elements indoors. Rather than incorporating plastics and disposable goods into a living space, environmentally conscious materials such as unfinished woods, exposed bricks and greenery will be popular in 2019.
• Bathroom Innovations — Technology will have a definite impact when it comes to the practicality of bathroom features this year. From smart mirrors to bluetooth systems, 2019 promises to deliver new and innovative devices that make life more convenient. Hands-free technologies will also prove increasingly popular in the new year, as they allow you to turn the water on and off with ease.
“Small, relatively inexpensive projects such as swapping your faucet or roman tub with new hardware can make a significant impact,” says Al Yakobi. “Selecting the right trend that works with your space and desired budget is essential to creating a bathroom that is both luxurious and efficient.”