Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Starbucks To Hire 10,000 Refugees Over Next 5 Years

Starbucks says it will hire 10,000 refugees over the next five years, a response to President Donald Trump's indefinite suspension of Syrian refugees and temporary travel bans that apply to six other Muslim-majority nations.

Starbucks To Hire 10,000 Refugees Over Next 5 Years

Imran Khan Says 'Hope Donald Trump Imposes Visa Ban On Pakistan'

Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan, on Sunday, said he hopes US President Donald Trump imposes visa restrictions on Pakistan as he believes that the move would help Pakistanis develop their own country.

Imran Khan Says 'Hope Donald Trump Imposes Visa Ban On Pakistan'

Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal Vows To Fight Trump's Immigration Ban

Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal Vows To Fight Trump's Immigration Ban
"President Trump's barbaric executive orders have thrown our nation's ports into turmoil and struck fear into the hearts of Muslims across the country," Ms Jayapal said.

Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal Vows To Fight Trump's Immigration Ban

Police Suspect Richmond, B.C., Man's Death Targeted Homicide

RICHMOND, B.C. — RCMP say they're investigating the death of a man who was taken to a Richmond, B.C., hospital Friday night.

Police Suspect Richmond, B.C., Man's Death Targeted Homicide

Indian-Origin Magician Charged With Fraud In Singapore

Indian-Origin Magician Charged With Fraud In Singapore
S. Chandran, 35, owner of Paradize Consultancy, was charged on Friday and faced 58 charges under the Income Tax Act, the Strait Times reported. 

Indian-Origin Magician Charged With Fraud In Singapore

Republican Hindu Coalition Backs Donald Trump's Immigration Order

Republican Hindu Coalition Backs Donald Trump's Immigration Order
The Republican Hindu Coalition (RHC), a vocal supporter of Donald Trump during his election campaign, announced its backing for the Presidents executive order on immigration.

Republican Hindu Coalition Backs Donald Trump's Immigration Order