Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Donald Trump Appoints Indian-American Attorney Uttam Dhillon To Key White House Post

Donald Trump Appoints Indian-American Attorney Uttam Dhillon To Key White House Post
US President Donald Trump has appointed Indian-American attorney Uttam Dhillon to a key White House position on ethics and compliance matters.

Donald Trump Appoints Indian-American Attorney Uttam Dhillon To Key White House Post

Yikes! When A Shark Photo-bombs Your Son’s Picture While He’s Surfing

Yikes! When A Shark Photo-bombs Your Son’s Picture While He’s Surfing
Chris Hasson said he was taking photos of his son Eden riding a wave off Samurai Beach at Port Stephens, north of Sydney, when something unexpected and indistinct caught his eye.

Yikes! When A Shark Photo-bombs Your Son’s Picture While He’s Surfing

Donald Trump Pleased Nikki Haley First Indian-American Cabinet Official

Donald Trump Pleased Nikki Haley First Indian-American Cabinet Official
US President Donald Trump is pleased that Nikki Haley, sworn in as the US ambassador to the UN, "is our nation's first Indian-American cabinet level officer", his spokesperson Sean Spicer told the media.

Donald Trump Pleased Nikki Haley First Indian-American Cabinet Official

Indian-American Lawmakers Slam Trump's 'Cruel' Immigration Policy

US President Donald Trump's move to amend the existing immigration policies has resulted in widespread protests with Indian-American lawmakers slamming Trump for signing changes that are deemed "anti-immigrant".

Indian-American Lawmakers Slam Trump's 'Cruel' Immigration Policy

Mexican President Calls Off Us Trip Over Border Wall Spat With Trump

Mexican President Calls Off Us Trip Over Border Wall Spat With Trump
Mexican president Enrique Pena Nieto on Thursday cancelled his trip to Washington, following US President Donald Trumps order to begin construction on the border wall.

Mexican President Calls Off Us Trip Over Border Wall Spat With Trump

First Hindu Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Says She Met Assad On Syria Trip

First Hindu Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Says She Met Assad On Syria Trip
The first Hindu elected to the Congress, Hawaiian Democrat Tulsi Gabbard, has said that she met Syrian President Bashar al-Assad during a secret, "fact-finding" trip to Syria and Lebanon.

First Hindu Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Says She Met Assad On Syria Trip