Tuesday, February 17, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Trump's 'Buy American', Modi's 'Make In India' Can Together Boost Each Other

Trump's 'Buy American', Modi's 'Make In India' Can Together Boost Each Other
A harder line by Trump to stem the huge trade surplus with China and correct Beijing's unequal terms of trade will provide India with an opportunity to fill the void by exporting more manufactured goods, Kumar told IANS.

Trump's 'Buy American', Modi's 'Make In India' Can Together Boost Each Other

Indian Man Held In US Over Bomb Threat, Sushma Swaraj Seeks Report

Indian Man Held In US Over Bomb Threat, Sushma Swaraj Seeks Report
Amid enhanced security measures and immigration restrictions placed by the Trump administration, a Baroda-based businessman has been taken into custody at an airport in the State of North Dakota.

Indian Man Held In US Over Bomb Threat, Sushma Swaraj Seeks Report

Nobel Peace Winner Malala Yousafzai 'Heartbroken' By Donald Trump's Order On Refugees

"I am heartbroken that America is turning its back on a proud history of welcoming refugees and immigrants," she said.

Nobel Peace Winner Malala Yousafzai 'Heartbroken' By Donald Trump's Order On Refugees

Donald Trump Says Syrian Christians Will Get Priority Refugee Status

Donald Trump Says Syrian Christians Will Get Priority Refugee Status
US President Donald Trump said persecuted Christians will be given priority over other refugees seeking to enter the US, saying they have been "horribly treated".

Donald Trump Says Syrian Christians Will Get Priority Refugee Status

Man Attacks Hijab Clad Muslim Airline Employee At JFK, Says Trump Will Get Rid Of You All

Man Attacks Hijab Clad Muslim Airline Employee At JFK, Says Trump Will Get Rid Of You All
Man came up to the door and went on a profanity-laced tirade, asking the woman if she was praying. Then allegedly punched the door, which hit the back of woman's chair.

Man Attacks Hijab Clad Muslim Airline Employee At JFK, Says Trump Will Get Rid Of You All

With Tough Message, Nikki Haley Takes Over As United States Envoy To UN

With Tough Message, Nikki Haley Takes Over As United States Envoy To UN
Nikki Haley formally took over as United States Ambassador to the UN on Friday with a tough message from the US of "new strength" and "new vision" and a warning about doing away with "anything that is not working."

With Tough Message, Nikki Haley Takes Over As United States Envoy To UN