Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Pak Court Warns Nawaz Sharif On Plea Challenging His 'Knighthood'

Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has been warned by a court after his counsel sought repeated adjournments in submitting a reply on a plea challenging the honourary 'knighthood' title given to him by Queen Elizabeth II.

Pak Court Warns Nawaz Sharif On Plea Challenging His 'Knighthood'

UK Lawmaker Calls On India To End Demonetisation Stress For NRIs

UK Lawmaker Calls On India To End Demonetisation Stress For NRIs
Britain's longest serving Indian-origin MP Virendra Sharma has called the Indian government to end the uncertainty surrounding demonetisation of Rs. 500 and Rs. 1,000 notes for NRIs and PIOs.

UK Lawmaker Calls On India To End Demonetisation Stress For NRIs

PIA Aircraft Crashes Enroute To Islamabad, No Survivors, Singer Junaid Jamshed Dead

PIA Aircraft Crashes Enroute To Islamabad, No Survivors, Singer Junaid Jamshed Dead
Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) said PK 661 lost contact with the control tower en route to the capital, Islamabad, from the northern region of Chitral.

PIA Aircraft Crashes Enroute To Islamabad, No Survivors, Singer Junaid Jamshed Dead

Woman Sentenced To 1 Year In Jail For Impersonating Ex-boyfriend On Facebook, Sending Herself Threat

Woman Sentenced To 1 Year In Jail For Impersonating Ex-boyfriend On Facebook, Sending Herself Threat
The Orange County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement Stephani Renae Lawson, 25, allegedly created a Facebook account impersonating her ex-boyfriend, using it to send numerous threats to her own account.

Woman Sentenced To 1 Year In Jail For Impersonating Ex-boyfriend On Facebook, Sending Herself Threat

Bed-Ridden Egyptian Woman Weighing 500 Kg Gets Visa After Sushma Swaraj's Intervention

Bed-Ridden Egyptian Woman Weighing 500 Kg Gets Visa After Sushma Swaraj's Intervention
A bed-ridden Egyptian woman weighing 500kg was today granted visa by Indian Embassy in Cairo following intervention by External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.

Bed-Ridden Egyptian Woman Weighing 500 Kg Gets Visa After Sushma Swaraj's Intervention

Hijab-Clad Transit Worker Pushed Down Stairs, Called Terrorist

Hijab-Clad Transit Worker Pushed Down Stairs, Called Terrorist
Soha Salama, a 45-year-old Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) station agent who was wearing a hijab with her uniform, was injured when she was pushed down the stairs at Grand Central Terminal by a man.

Hijab-Clad Transit Worker Pushed Down Stairs, Called Terrorist