Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

He Wanted To 'Join' ISIS Because He Was Deeply In Love

He Wanted To 'Join' ISIS Because He Was Deeply In Love
The young lover said he did what his partner did. They began communicating through the Internet with people they thought were in ISIS, in Syria.

He Wanted To 'Join' ISIS Because He Was Deeply In Love

Indian Trio In Dubai Hack Businessman's Account, Steal $272,249

Indian Trio In Dubai Hack Businessman's Account, Steal $272,249
They forged his signature on the application form after pretending the original SIM card was lost

Indian Trio In Dubai Hack Businessman's Account, Steal $272,249

Indian Mine Project In Australia 'Promises' Not To Hire Overseas Workers

Indian Mine Project In Australia 'Promises' Not To Hire Overseas Workers
Indian conglomerate Adani Group has promised not to employ overseas skilled workers on Australia's 457-category temporary visas for its mega coal mine project in Queensland state, local media reported on Tuesday.

Indian Mine Project In Australia 'Promises' Not To Hire Overseas Workers

Hijab-Clad 'Hero' Muslim Cop Called 'ISIS', Harassed In US

Hijab-Clad 'Hero' Muslim Cop Called 'ISIS', Harassed In US
Officer Aml Elsokary, who was off duty and wearing her hijab, dropped off her son in Brooklyn. After parking her car, she returned to the scene to find her son being shoved by the suspect, a white man in his 30s.

Hijab-Clad 'Hero' Muslim Cop Called 'ISIS', Harassed In US

Saibaba Temple Gets Rs. 3 Crore In Scrapped Notes After Currency Ban

Saibaba Temple Gets Rs. 3 Crore In Scrapped Notes After Currency Ban
The Shri Sai Baba Shirdi Sansthan, managing one of the most revered temples in the country, received Rs. 3 crore in the scrapped notes of Rs. 1,000 and Rs. 500 denominations after the government's demonetisation move, the temple trust said today.

Saibaba Temple Gets Rs. 3 Crore In Scrapped Notes After Currency Ban

Hijab-Clad Teen Attacked By Men Screaming 'Trump' On US Subway

Hijab-Clad Teen Attacked By Men Screaming 'Trump' On US Subway
Three men attempted to rip off Yasmin Seweid's hijab, calling the 18-year-old student a "terrorist" and shouting President-elect Trump's name as she rode the subway through Manhattan.

Hijab-Clad Teen Attacked By Men Screaming 'Trump' On US Subway