Monday, February 16, 2026
ADVT 
International

Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK

IANS, 28 Feb, 2018 01:27 PM
  • Indian-Origin Man Pleads Guilty To Drink-drive Killing Of 3 Teenagers In UK
An Indian-origin man has admitted killing three teenage boys as they walked to a birthday party while he was driving more than two-and-a-half times over the alcohol limit in London last month.
 
Jaynesh Chudasama appeared at the Old Bailey court in London yesterday, where he pleaded guilty to charges of three counts of death by dangerous driving on January 26 evening when the fatal collision occurred near a bus stop at Hayes, West London.
 
The court heard that traces of cannabis had also been found in the 28-year-old's system.
 
The London-based car hire worker was travelling at 71 mph on a 60 mph zone when he hit the teenagers, who died instantly.
 
The Metropolitan Police had earlier named the victims of the crash as Harry Rice, 17, and 16-year-olds George Wilkinson and Josh McGuinness. The boys were part of a large group on their way to a friend's birthday party when they were killed.
 
Chudasama was attempting to overtake another car when he lost control and struck the boys head on, the court heard.
 
The victims were propelled into the air and Chudasama's Audi spun round.
 
He and his passenger got out and ran off but were chased by two of the boys from the group, who dragged the driver back to where their friends lay.
 
One of the boys later admitted that he had hit the driver over the head with a bottle to prevent him from getting away.
 
The three victims were walking to a 16th birthday party at a local football club.
 
Judge Wendy Joseph said the loss of life was "appalling".
 
Chudasama, who faces a maximum of 14 years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, will be sentenced on March 9.
 
Despite the efforts of paramedics, all three boys were pronounced dead at the scene. Hundreds of people had gathered at the site of the crash a day later to lay floral tributes and held a minute's silence and released balloons.
 
A friend of the dead boys who narrowly missed being hurt said the accident was like a "blur".
 
"Five of us were walking to the party and the next moment three of my friends were dead on the ground. The car lost control," he said.
 
Photos from the scene showed the smashed wreckage of a car, including a caved-in fence. 

MORE International ARTICLES

Pakistani Restaurant Attacked Twice In US

Pakistani Restaurant Attacked Twice In US
A Pakistani restaurant in the US has been targetted for a second time in a suspected hate attack, the latest in a slew of anti-Muslim incidents since Donald Trump has been elected US President.

Pakistani Restaurant Attacked Twice In US

Pakistani Man, 68, Arrested For Trying To Import Heroin In US

Pakistani Man, 68, Arrested For Trying To Import Heroin In US
Shahbaz Khan was taken in custody by Liberian authorities on December 1 and brought to the United States. He was presented before United States Magistrate Judge James Cott on Friday, US Attorney for the Southern District of New York Preet Bharara said.

Pakistani Man, 68, Arrested For Trying To Import Heroin In US

UK Backs India's Bid For Permanent Membership Of UN Security Council

UK Backs India's Bid For Permanent Membership Of UN Security Council
British Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson today supported India's quest for permanent membership of the UN Security Council as he called for its expansion to include India for a more "realistic" re-alignment of the world order.

UK Backs India's Bid For Permanent Membership Of UN Security Council

Indian-Origin Ex-Banker Jailed For Wife Sonita Nijhawan's Manslaughter In UK

Indian-Origin Ex-Banker Jailed For Wife Sonita Nijhawan's Manslaughter In UK
Sonita Nijhawan was discovered in a pool of blood in her family estate in Surrey, south England, in May this year.

Indian-Origin Ex-Banker Jailed For Wife Sonita Nijhawan's Manslaughter In UK

Indian Pleads Guilty To Student Visa Fraud In US

Indian Pleads Guilty To Student Visa Fraud In US
An Indian in the US has pleaded guilty to committing student visa fraud, according to an attorney, local media reported on Friday.

Indian Pleads Guilty To Student Visa Fraud In US

Pak Flaunts, Then Downplays Nawaz Sharif's Call With Trump: Foreign Media

Pak Flaunts, Then Downplays Nawaz Sharif's Call With Trump: Foreign Media
Our relationship with the United States is not about personalities, it is about institutions

Pak Flaunts, Then Downplays Nawaz Sharif's Call With Trump: Foreign Media