Monday, May 18, 2026
ADVT 
National

Close Call: Saskatoon Man Hit In Face By Axe Flying Through Windshield

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 30 May, 2018 11:44 AM
    SASKATOON — A Saskatoon man says he was cut on the forehead and suffered a concussion after an axe came flying through his truck's windshield.
     
     
    Mackenzie Peddle says he doesn't remember getting hit in the face while he was driving home to Saskatoon from Yorkton, Sask., earlier this month.
     
     
    He says when he came to, the truck's windshield was shattered, there was an axe lying near him and blood was spattered over his face and seats.
     
     
    Peddle says he must have passed out after somehow managing to pull over to the side of Highway 16 near the community of Plunkett.
     
     
    The electrician says his foot was on the brake and the truck was still in gear when a passerby approached.
     
     
    RCMP say they are investigating but have no leads as to where the axe came from.
     
     
    "A lady pulled over and woke me up on the side of the road. I didn't really know what happened or how long I'd been out," Peddle told CKOM Radio. 
     
     
    He credits the sunglasses he was wearing for saving his eye from the axe blade.
     
     
    Peddle said he managed to phone RCMP and take some photos of the damage to his face and truck.
     
     
    An officer arrived and took his own photos, then drove up and down the highway to see if any other debris had fallen off a vehicle.
     
     
    "He went around to the farms and farmhouses, but no one had seen anything," Peddle said.
     
     
    Humboldt RCMP said Tuesday they were looking for the public's help in the investigation.
     
     
    Peddle said it's not the first time something has flown through his windshield while he was driving on the highway.
     
     
    He said about a decade ago, he was driving his car when a long piece of rebar fell off a truck, bounced off the pavement and pierced the windshield on the driver's side — missing him by inches.

    MORE National ARTICLES

    Remains Of 6 Individuals Found On Property Linked To Serial Killer Bruce Mcarthur: Police

    Remains Of 6 Individuals Found On Property Linked To  Serial Killer Bruce Mcarthur: Police
    Toronto police say they will update the public this afternoon on their investigation into alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.

    Remains Of 6 Individuals Found On Property Linked To Serial Killer Bruce Mcarthur: Police

    One Man Dead After Multiple Pileups On Montreal Area Highways

    One Man Dead After Multiple Pileups On Montreal Area Highways
    MONTREAL — A man in his 70s died and at least 15 people suffered minor injuries Wednesday in one of several pileups on Montreal area highways in the midst of a winter storm.

    One Man Dead After Multiple Pileups On Montreal Area Highways

    Man, 29, Dies In Montreal Hospital After Shooting

    Man, 29, Dies In Montreal Hospital After Shooting
    Police say the shooting occurred just after midnight during an argument involving a few people on Chambly St., north of the downtown core.

    Man, 29, Dies In Montreal Hospital After Shooting

    Justin Trudeau Looks To Lure Tech Talent, Capital North In San Francisco Visit

    Justin Trudeau Looks To Lure Tech Talent, Capital North In San Francisco Visit
    The employee roll at Ben Zifkin's Toronto-based startup is set to double over the coming year to handle the increase in users of his free service, a business-based social network known as Hubba.

    Justin Trudeau Looks To Lure Tech Talent, Capital North In San Francisco Visit

    Medicine Hat Man Pleads Guilty To Threatening Prime Minister Trudeau

    Medicine Hat Man Pleads Guilty To Threatening Prime Minister Trudeau
    William Benham, 52, was in Medicine Hat provincial court today and entered a guilty plea to charges of uttering threats and threats to cause damage to property.

    Medicine Hat Man Pleads Guilty To Threatening Prime Minister Trudeau

    Operators Of Threatened Independent Vancouver Cinema Launch Its Second Act

    Operators Of Threatened Independent Vancouver Cinema Launch Its Second Act
    The operators of one of the last independent movie theatres in Vancouver say their multimillion-dollar offer to buy the aging cinema has been accepted and now they have 60 days to finalize the deal.

    Operators Of Threatened Independent Vancouver Cinema Launch Its Second Act