Wednesday, May 20, 2026
ADVT 
National

Search continues for more bodies in B.C.

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 18 Nov, 2021 12:14 PM
  • Search continues for more bodies in B.C.

The Canadian Armed Forces has been called in to help with recovery efforts in flood-stricken B.C., with the provincial government declaring a state of emergency.

The military will provide both air and land support for critical provincial supply chains and in evacuation and rescue efforts.

Premier John Horgan says travel restrictions will be introduced to ensure essential goods and medical and emergency services can reach communities.

Defence Minister Anita Anand says more troops will be sent to help the hardest-hit communities.

Crews will continue to search through debris left by landslides along Highway 99 near Lillooet and Highway 7 near Agassiz to determine if any vehicles were caught underneath.

No bodies were recovered Wednesday, but at least two people are still reported missing.

B.C. Agriculture Minister Lana Popham says thousands of farm animals died when parts of the Fraser Valley flooded, and efforts are underway to develop routes to allow veterinarians to access farms and treat what livestock may have survived.

MORE National ARTICLES

Vancouver Police seeks witnesses after man’s throat slashed by stranger

Vancouver Police seeks witnesses after man’s throat slashed by stranger
The victim, a 46-year-old man from Vancouver, was near Quebec Street and East 10th Avenue around 3 p.m. Sunday afternoon when someone approached from behind and cut his throat, then walked away.

Vancouver Police seeks witnesses after man’s throat slashed by stranger

VPD arrests suspect following East Van groping, assault

VPD arrests suspect following East Van groping, assault
Police believe the suspect was walking near Broadway and Commercial Drive around 8 a.m. Sunday when he allegedly approached a 35-year-old man outside a fast-food restaurant and sexually assaulted him by groping him from behind. A number of people saw the incident and called 9-1-1, but the suspect fled before police arrived.

VPD arrests suspect following East Van groping, assault

1434 COVID19 cases over 3 days

1434 COVID19 cases over 3 days
There are 5,090 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 149,553 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 104 individuals are in hospital and 47 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.

1434 COVID19 cases over 3 days

Woman's body found in Pitt Meadows

Woman's body found in Pitt Meadows
On Sunday, August 15, at around 12:40 PM, Emergency Health Services (EHS) advised Ridge Meadows RCMP of a deceased female located in a field in the 20000 block area of Old Dewdney Trunk Rd.

Woman's body found in Pitt Meadows

Parties promise economic help as campaign begins

Parties promise economic help as campaign begins
Conservative Leader Erin O'Toole laid out his party's full platform, which similarly aims to create jobs, but also unwinds the Trudeau government's child-care system.

Parties promise economic help as campaign begins

Meng Wanzhou's defence to continue in B.C. court

Meng Wanzhou's defence to continue in B.C. court
The B.C. Supreme Court is hearing formal arguments in the extradition case for the telecom executive that began last week amid rising diplomatic tensions.

Meng Wanzhou's defence to continue in B.C. court