Friday, May 22, 2026
ADVT 
National

Search continues for more bodies in B.C.

Darpan News Desk The Canadian Press, 18 Nov, 2021 12:14 PM
  • Search continues for more bodies in B.C.

The Canadian Armed Forces has been called in to help with recovery efforts in flood-stricken B.C., with the provincial government declaring a state of emergency.

The military will provide both air and land support for critical provincial supply chains and in evacuation and rescue efforts.

Premier John Horgan says travel restrictions will be introduced to ensure essential goods and medical and emergency services can reach communities.

Defence Minister Anita Anand says more troops will be sent to help the hardest-hit communities.

Crews will continue to search through debris left by landslides along Highway 99 near Lillooet and Highway 7 near Agassiz to determine if any vehicles were caught underneath.

No bodies were recovered Wednesday, but at least two people are still reported missing.

B.C. Agriculture Minister Lana Popham says thousands of farm animals died when parts of the Fraser Valley flooded, and efforts are underway to develop routes to allow veterinarians to access farms and treat what livestock may have survived.

MORE National ARTICLES

Show us a border plan, businesses urge Congress

Show us a border plan, businesses urge Congress
The group, led by the North American Strategy for Competitiveness, wants senior congressional leaders to demand a detailed strategy from the Department of Homeland Security.

Show us a border plan, businesses urge Congress

Lawyers for Meng claim U.S. misled B.C. court

Lawyers for Meng claim U.S. misled B.C. court
In the documents presented to the court yesterday, her lawyers claim the United States mischaracterized and omitted evidence to establish a case of fraud when requesting the extradition of Meng from Canada.

Lawyers for Meng claim U.S. misled B.C. court

Damage estimate at $78M for Lytton, B.C., fire

Damage estimate at $78M for Lytton, B.C., fire
The bureau says in a statement there has been about 300 claims so far, most of which are related to residential properties.

Damage estimate at $78M for Lytton, B.C., fire

342 COVID19 cases for Wednesday

342 COVID19 cases for Wednesday
81.5% (3,777,588) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 67.9% (3,146,669) have received their second dose.    

342 COVID19 cases for Wednesday

Protests spur concerns over media access

Protests spur concerns over media access
The decision by authorities in Toronto to fence off public parks last month as municipal staff and police cleared homeless encampments sparked backlash from media outlets and advocates, who have petitioned the city to allow reporters on site during the operations.

Protests spur concerns over media access

Tories raise twice as much as Liberals in 2021

Tories raise twice as much as Liberals in 2021
Elections Canada filings show the Tories raked in $13.6 million in the first six months of the year versus $6.8 million for the Grits.

Tories raise twice as much as Liberals in 2021