Tanning is inevitable this summer even if you choose to cover up completely or plan to use a sunscreen. But a few simple home remedies like using cabbage leaves or exfoliating with almonds on the affected areas can help in skin lightening, says an expert.
We dole out tips to flaunt a tan-free and healthy skin this summer.
* Use Cabbage: These green leaves act as a miracle when it comes to sun tan. Place a few cold cabbage leaves on the affected areas. Keep them for 15 minutes. Repeat it twice a week for immediate effect.
* Apply Vicks: Take a small amount of Vicks on your fingers, apply it to the sunburn areas and massage gently. People with excessive sunburn use twice and others use once a week.
* Apply ice: If you have excess sun burns then this is really going to work. Take a few ice cubes, wrap them in a muslin (mulmul) cloth and apply gently to the tanned areas. In case of excessive sun burns apply ice directly to the affected areas. It offers you fresh and tan free skin.
*Use milk cream and saffron: Blend high quality edible milk cream with saffron, make a paste of it and apply it on your face gently and leave it overnight. Apply it thrice a week. This home remedy not only gives a tan free skin, but also acne free and fairer skin.
*Apply curd: Add curd, use it on tanned surfaces for about 15 to 20 minutes. Wash off. Do regularly to get rid of tan completely.
*Apply bottle gourd juice: This helps in overcoming the worst tan cases. Apply the bottle gourd juice to the tanned areas 3 to 4 times a day and you will see the difference.
* Apply masoor dal paste: To make this wonderful skin rejuvenator, soak a whole tablespoon of masoor dal and make a rough paste of it. Add equal quantities of tomato paste and aloe extract, apply it on your face and affected areas and let it stay for half an hour before you wash it off with cold water.
* Exfoliate with almonds: Soak almonds in water for three to four hours, grind them well making a mild scrub and apply it to your tan affected areas. This not only helps you to get a tan free skin but also makes your skin healthier from within.
* Use buttermilk: Add three teaspoons of buttermilk to one teaspoon of oatmeal, mix it well and now give its lick to your face by massaging in circular motion. This will not only help you to get tan free skin but also results in younger and blister free skin.