- 1 1/2 cups of ground breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup mascarpone (can substitute with fresh cream)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Few drops of rose extract
- Orange slices
- 1/4 cup powdered pistachios
- Preheat oven to 180-degree C.
- Take bread in a blender and powder till its fine. Then, take it in a bowl, add panko and melted butter, and mix well.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the baking pan. Press flat and firm.
- Then spread the mascarpone cheese/cream and mozzarella cheese on it. Top with remaining breadcrumbs and press lightly. Bake this for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Take water in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil. Switch off the flame and add honey, rose extract, and two to three orange slices, and mix well.
- Pour this over the bread kunafa and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Serve hot.